Some but not all Local Authorities will provide some assistance with travel costs to and from GM provisions within their boundaries.

Where some LAs currently make no GM provision, they may have reciprocal arrangements with a neighbouring Gaelic authority that can mean that a Gaelic placing request will be supported with the non Gaelic LA meeting travel costs to the nearest GM school. Contact your local education authority to seek more information on travel within and outwith your school catchment area.

Contact Comann na Gàidhlig at should you require more advice.

Go back to 'FAQ'

gaelic4parents on Twitter